The RIPS Law Librarian Blog is published by the Research, Instruction, and Patron Services Special Interest Section (RIPS-SIS) of the American Association of Law Libraries. All opinions expressed in the posts herein are those of the individual author and do not represent the opinions of RIPS-SIS or AALL.
Guest posts from RIPS-SIS members are encouraged; please contact the blog editor.
- On the Value of Student Conferences February 23, 2017
- Law Library Diversity Fellowships February 21, 2017
- RIPS-SIS Virtual Business Meeting Survey February 20, 2017
- “Hello” From Your RIPS Board February 17, 2017
- CARA: The First Year Associate’s Pocket Calculator February 16, 2017
- “Hello” From Your RIPS Board | RIPS Law Librarian Blog on Deadline Extended: Contribute to the 25th National Legal Research Teach-In Kit Today!
- Anna Blaine on Could No News Be Good News?
- cgeorge178 on Could No News Be Good News?
- Emily Donnellan on Could No News Be Good News?
- Study Aids as Library Collection | RIPS Law Librarian Blog on Third Time’s the Charm
- FCIL-SIS on Information Literacy Instruction May Not Be Enough
What we’ve been talking about…'Death by PowerPoint' AALL AALL Annual meeting academic law libraries administrative law research advanced legal research ALR annual meeting bloggers CALI career citation collaboration Conferences Congressional Record contributors design distance education diversity ebooks elections ethics faculty services Fastcase FCIL federal government policy Flipped classroom Google Scholar government documents information literacy instructional design iPad law librarianship learning styles legal research Legal Research Instruction legal research textbooks Lexis Libguides library instruction marketing new teachers nominations online education online instruction Organization Overdrive patrons patron services pedagogy PowerPoint practice ready presentations print collections productivity public libraries QR codes reference reference desk research guides research instruction RIPS Blog Administration roving reference service Statistical Abstract stress students teach-in kit Teaching technology time management tutorials Twitter Westlaw WestlawNext
Tag Archives: Fastcase
By now, all of you probably know that I have just as much love for my Android phone as for my iPad. I even posted in January about all of the things that I could do with my Motorola Atrix … Continue reading
A couple of weeks ago, I was perusing my news feed in Facebook, liking pictures of new babies and The Oatmeal’s How to Pet a Kitty, when a Fastcase post caught my eye (yes, I do actually have work related … Continue reading
There have been a lot of changes and upcoming changes in the legal information realm lately: Bloomberg purchased BNA. Thomson Reuters (West) has announced that they are selling their legal publishing division. Reed Elsevier may or may not be looking … Continue reading
Inspired by CS-SIS’s annual meeting program, this month as a part of our Legal Research Certificate program, the law libraryput on our own Cool Tools Café for OCU Law students. It was fun to prepare and present theseinstructional sessions. Each of our reference … Continue reading