The RIPS Law Librarian Blog is published by the Research, Instruction, and Patron Services Special Interest Section (RIPS-SIS) of the American Association of Law Libraries. All opinions expressed in the posts herein are those of the individual author and do not represent the opinions of RIPS-SIS or AALL.
Guest posts from RIPS-SIS members are encouraged; please contact the blog editor.
- RIPS Virtual Annual Meeting Tomorrow, 6/21 June 20, 2017
- Law Library Staff Self-Care: A Collaborative White Paper June 19, 2017
- Why LawArXiv? June 14, 2017
- 2017 RIPS-SIS Travel Grant Recipients June 12, 2017
- Reflections on Teaching ALR: Modeling as Feedback June 5, 2017
- Why LawArXiv? | LIPA: Legal Information Preservation Alliance on Why LawArXiv?
- Teri Townsend on Getting Users Out Of Their Seats
- In Praise of the Reflective Essay: The Mushy and the Meta | RIPS Law Librarian Blog on Uncertainty and Legal Research
- Be Our Guest…at the first-ever RIPS Virtual Annual Meeting | RIPS Law Librarian Blog on 2017 RIPS Penguin Adoption & Stuffed Penguin Giveaway
- Beth Van Fossen on On Sabbaticals and Term-Limits
- Melanie on Can Legal Research Be Taught? Part 1: The Relevance Paradox
What we’ve been talking about…'Death by PowerPoint' AALL AALL Annual meeting academic law libraries administrative law research advanced legal research ALR annual meeting assessment bloggers CALI career citation Conferences Congressional Record contributors design distance education diversity ebooks elections faculty services Fastcase FCIL federal government policy Flipped classroom Google Scholar government documents information literacy instructional design iPad law librarianship learning styles legal research Legal Research Instruction legal research textbooks Lexis Libguides library instruction marketing new teachers nominations online education online instruction Organization Overdrive patrons patron services pedagogy PowerPoint practice ready presentations print collections productivity public libraries QR codes reference reference desk research research guides research instruction RIPS Blog Administration roving reference service Statistical Abstract stress students teach-in kit Teaching technology time management tutorials Twitter Westlaw WestlawNext
Tag Archives: AALL Annual meeting
It’s now an annual tradition for RIPS to adopt a penguin in honor of our beloved mascot, Puron. This year, RIPS Vice-Chair Katie Crandall adopted a penguin from the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago on behalf of RIPS. The adoption took place on Valentine’s day, … Continue reading
Great news! The RIPS Patron Services Committee’s Whitepaper Subcommittee, composed of Nicole P. Dyszlewski, Kristen Moore, and Genevieve Tung, have won the New Member Division of the AALL/LexisNexis Call for Papers award for their paper entitled, Managing Disruptive Patron Behavior … Continue reading
by Thomas Sneed Headed to the AALL Annual Meeting in Philadelphia? As you plan, keep in mind the following events planned or sponsored by RIPS-SIS:
Calling all RIPS-SIS members! Please join us for the following events: Breakfast Business Meeting, Monday, July 14th at 7:15 am, Marriott Rivercenter Salon I. All-Committee Meeting, Monday, July 14th from 5:30 to 6:30 pm, Marriott Rivercenter Salon J. 3 great … Continue reading
This summer’s AALL Annual Meeting in San Antonio promises to provide numerous helpful programs, roundtables, and networking opportunities. In fact, ALL-SIS and RIPS are working together to host a Super Roundtable event, during which ten tables will simultaneously discuss legal … Continue reading
Posted on behalf of Laura Ax-Fultz, Interim Vice-Chair RIPS-SIS Dear RIPS-SIS Members, Second call for your proposals for AALL San Antonio 2014 – “Beyond Boundaries”!! We want to help you! If you have an idea that you want help fleshing out, have … Continue reading