The RIPS Law Librarian Blog is published by the Research, Instruction, and Patron Services Special Interest Section (RIPS-SIS) of the American Association of Law Libraries. All opinions expressed in the posts herein are those of the individual author and do not represent the opinions of RIPS-SIS or AALL.
Guest posts from RIPS-SIS members are encouraged; please contact the blog editor.
- Help Others Seek Help September 26, 2017
- Will Robots Take Over the Law Library? September 21, 2017
- Hindsight: Realizing the Importance of Legal Research September 19, 2017
- The Fight to Bring Legal Research to the Front September 14, 2017
- Law Library Security – How Safe Are We? September 12, 2017
- cesarzapata80 on Will Robots Take Over the Law Library?
- Matthew Elisha on The Fight to Bring Legal Research to the Front
- Insert Pseudonym Here, Because I Don't Have Job Protection on The Fight to Bring Legal Research to the Front
- LegalResearchGoddess (@heatherjsimmons) on Institutional Subscriptions to Quimbee
- Scott Frey on Doing More With Less & Wearing Multiple Hats
- ottostockmeyer on If You Come at the Justice, You Best Have Sources
What we’ve been talking about…'Death by PowerPoint' AALL AALL Annual meeting academic law libraries administrative law research advanced legal research ALR annual meeting assessment bloggers CALI career citation Conferences Congressional Record contributors design distance education diversity ebooks elections faculty services Fastcase federal government policy Flipped classroom Google Scholar government documents grants information literacy instructional design iPad law librarianship law students legal research Legal Research Instruction legal research textbooks Lexis Libguides library instruction marketing new teachers nominations online education online instruction Outreach Overdrive patrons patron services pedagogy PowerPoint practice ready presentations print collections public libraries QR codes reference reference desk reference librarians research research guides research instruction RIPS Blog Administration roving reference service Statistical Abstract stress students teach-in kit Teaching technology time management tutorials Twitter Westlaw WestlawNext
Tag Archives: RIPS Executive Board
Hello from your RIPS Executive Board! We are gearing up for our June Virtual Business Meeting. Both the Executive Board and our amazing RIPS Committees have been working on a number of wonderful projects this year, and we can’t wait … Continue reading
It’s now an annual tradition for RIPS to adopt a penguin in honor of our beloved mascot, Puron. This year, RIPS Vice-Chair Katie Crandall adopted a penguin from the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago on behalf of RIPS. The adoption took place on Valentine’s day, … Continue reading
Congratulations to the new members of the RIPS-SIS executive board. Vice Chair/Chair-Elect: Katie Crandall Secretary/Treasurer: Amy Taylor Member-at-Large: Emily Lawson Many thanks to the other candidates, Rachel Gordon, R. Martin Witt, and Becka Rich, for their willingness to run and their … Continue reading