The RIPS Law Librarian Blog is published by the Research, Instruction, and Patron Services Special Interest Section (RIPS-SIS) of the American Association of Law Libraries. All opinions expressed in the posts herein are those of the individual author and do not represent the opinions of RIPS-SIS or AALL.
Guest posts from RIPS-SIS members are encouraged; please contact the blog editor.
- Message from New RIPS Chair July 20, 2017
- RIPS Events at AALL July 13, 2017
- If You Come at the Justice, You Best Have Sources June 30, 2017
- RIPS Virtual Annual Meeting Tomorrow, 6/21 June 20, 2017
- Law Library Staff Self-Care: A Collaborative White Paper June 19, 2017
- ottostockmeyer on If You Come at the Justice, You Best Have Sources
- Why LawArXiv? | LIPA: Legal Information Preservation Alliance on Why LawArXiv?
- Teri Townsend on Getting Users Out Of Their Seats
- In Praise of the Reflective Essay: The Mushy and the Meta | RIPS Law Librarian Blog on Uncertainty and Legal Research
- Be Our Guest…at the first-ever RIPS Virtual Annual Meeting | RIPS Law Librarian Blog on 2017 RIPS Penguin Adoption & Stuffed Penguin Giveaway
- Beth Van Fossen on On Sabbaticals and Term-Limits
What we’ve been talking about…'Death by PowerPoint' AALL AALL Annual meeting academic law libraries administrative law research advanced legal research ALR annual meeting assessment bloggers CALI career citation Conferences Congressional Record contributors design distance education diversity ebooks elections faculty services Fastcase FCIL federal government policy Flipped classroom Google Scholar government documents information literacy instructional design iPad law librarianship learning styles legal research Legal Research Instruction legal research textbooks Lexis Libguides library instruction marketing new teachers nominations online education online instruction Organization Overdrive patrons patron services pedagogy PowerPoint practice ready presentations print collections public libraries QR codes reference reference desk reference librarians research research guides research instruction RIPS Blog Administration roving reference service Statistical Abstract stress students teach-in kit Teaching technology time management tutorials Twitter Westlaw WestlawNext
Tag Archives: RIPS Executive Board
Hello from your RIPS Executive Board! We are gearing up for our June Virtual Business Meeting. Both the Executive Board and our amazing RIPS Committees have been working on a number of wonderful projects this year, and we can’t wait … Continue reading
It’s now an annual tradition for RIPS to adopt a penguin in honor of our beloved mascot, Puron. This year, RIPS Vice-Chair Katie Crandall adopted a penguin from the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago on behalf of RIPS. The adoption took place on Valentine’s day, … Continue reading
Congratulations to the new members of the RIPS-SIS executive board. Vice Chair/Chair-Elect: Katie Crandall Secretary/Treasurer: Amy Taylor Member-at-Large: Emily Lawson Many thanks to the other candidates, Rachel Gordon, R. Martin Witt, and Becka Rich, for their willingness to run and their … Continue reading