The RIPS Law Librarian Blog is published by the Research, Instruction, and Patron Services Special Interest Section (RIPS-SIS) of the American Association of Law Libraries. All opinions expressed in the posts herein are those of the individual author and do not represent the opinions of RIPS-SIS or AALL.
Guest posts from RIPS-SIS members are encouraged; please contact the blog editor.
- Message from New RIPS Chair July 20, 2017
- RIPS Events at AALL July 13, 2017
- If You Come at the Justice, You Best Have Sources June 30, 2017
- RIPS Virtual Annual Meeting Tomorrow, 6/21 June 20, 2017
- Law Library Staff Self-Care: A Collaborative White Paper June 19, 2017
- ottostockmeyer on If You Come at the Justice, You Best Have Sources
- Why LawArXiv? | LIPA: Legal Information Preservation Alliance on Why LawArXiv?
- Teri Townsend on Getting Users Out Of Their Seats
- In Praise of the Reflective Essay: The Mushy and the Meta | RIPS Law Librarian Blog on Uncertainty and Legal Research
- Be Our Guest…at the first-ever RIPS Virtual Annual Meeting | RIPS Law Librarian Blog on 2017 RIPS Penguin Adoption & Stuffed Penguin Giveaway
- Beth Van Fossen on On Sabbaticals and Term-Limits
What we’ve been talking about…'Death by PowerPoint' AALL AALL Annual meeting academic law libraries administrative law research advanced legal research ALR annual meeting assessment bloggers CALI career citation Conferences Congressional Record contributors design distance education diversity ebooks elections faculty services Fastcase FCIL federal government policy Flipped classroom Google Scholar government documents information literacy instructional design iPad law librarianship learning styles legal research Legal Research Instruction legal research textbooks Lexis Libguides library instruction marketing new teachers nominations online education online instruction Organization Overdrive patrons patron services pedagogy PowerPoint practice ready presentations print collections public libraries QR codes reference reference desk reference librarians research research guides research instruction RIPS Blog Administration roving reference service Statistical Abstract stress students teach-in kit Teaching technology time management tutorials Twitter Westlaw WestlawNext
Category Archives: AALL Annoucements
RIPS Members— As you may know, our RIPS virtual annual meeting is TOMORROW at 1:00 PM CST! We are very excited to offer this meeting in a virtual format as we hope this will accommodate our busy RIPS members’ schedules. A … Continue reading
By Jessica Almeida, Nicole Dyszlewski, & Heather Simmons At last year’s AALL Annual Meeting, members of the RIPS Patron Services Committee discussed starting a collaborative writing project with members of LISP tackling the topic of self-care and law librarians. After … Continue reading
The RIPS-SIS Grants Committee would like to congratulate our 2017 RIPS-SIS Travel Grant recipients. The following RIPS-SIS members have received funding to assist them as they travel to the 2017 AALL Annual Meeting in Austin, TX this summer. Congratulations and … Continue reading
by Christina A. Coan, RIPS-SIS Grant Recipient for AALL Management Institute Last fall, I taught my first Advanced Legal Research course. This was not my first teaching experience. I have previously taught various age groups on different subjects: Oral English … Continue reading
Hello from your RIPS Executive Board! We are gearing up for our June Virtual Business Meeting. Both the Executive Board and our amazing RIPS Committees have been working on a number of wonderful projects this year, and we can’t wait … Continue reading
Exciting news! You asked—we listened! Our annual business meeting will be, for the first time ever, held virtually this year! Join us on June 21st at 1 PM CST for a RIPS webinar and hear reports from all of the … Continue reading