The RIPS Law Librarian Blog is published by the Research, Instruction, and Patron Services Special Interest Section (RIPS-SIS) of the American Association of Law Libraries. All opinions expressed in the posts herein are those of the individual author and do not represent the opinions of RIPS-SIS or AALL.
Guest posts from RIPS-SIS members are encouraged; please contact the blog editor.
- On the Value of Student Conferences February 23, 2017
- Law Library Diversity Fellowships February 21, 2017
- RIPS-SIS Virtual Business Meeting Survey February 20, 2017
- “Hello” From Your RIPS Board February 17, 2017
- CARA: The First Year Associate’s Pocket Calculator February 16, 2017
- “Hello” From Your RIPS Board | RIPS Law Librarian Blog on Deadline Extended: Contribute to the 25th National Legal Research Teach-In Kit Today!
- Anna Blaine on Could No News Be Good News?
- cgeorge178 on Could No News Be Good News?
- Emily Donnellan on Could No News Be Good News?
- Study Aids as Library Collection | RIPS Law Librarian Blog on Third Time’s the Charm
- FCIL-SIS on Information Literacy Instruction May Not Be Enough
What we’ve been talking about…'Death by PowerPoint' AALL AALL Annual meeting academic law libraries administrative law research advanced legal research ALR annual meeting bloggers CALI career citation collaboration Conferences Congressional Record contributors design distance education diversity ebooks elections ethics faculty services Fastcase FCIL federal government policy Flipped classroom Google Scholar government documents information literacy instructional design iPad law librarianship learning styles legal research Legal Research Instruction legal research textbooks Lexis Libguides library instruction marketing new teachers nominations online education online instruction Organization Overdrive patrons patron services pedagogy PowerPoint practice ready presentations print collections productivity public libraries QR codes reference reference desk research guides research instruction RIPS Blog Administration roving reference service Statistical Abstract stress students teach-in kit Teaching technology time management tutorials Twitter Westlaw WestlawNext
Category Archives: RIPS-SIS Reports
The Board and I can’t believe it is mid-February already! I hope everyone has been keeping track of all of the exciting things we have going on at RIPS but just in case something has slipped you by… I wanted … Continue reading
by Alyson Drake The Executive Board continues to be impressed by all the amazing things RIPS-SIS members are doing. The Program Committee just finished reviewing eight excellent proposals for the Annual Meeting in Austin, making our task of choosing just … Continue reading
by Katie Crandall, RIPS Chair On behalf of the RIPS Executive Board, we want to extend a warm welcome to our newest members: Kristen Arnett (Barry University School of Law) Samantha Blanquart (Maricopa County Superior Court Law Library) Alex Ferguson … Continue reading
The Treasurer’s Report will be presented during the RIPS-SIS Breakfast and Annual Business Meeting Monday, July 15th. For RIPS-SIS members unable to attend this year’s meeting, you may review the Treasurer’s Report below. Watch the blog for more information about … Continue reading