The RIPS Law Librarian Blog is published by the Research, Instruction, and Patron Services Special Interest Section (RIPS-SIS) of the American Association of Law Libraries. All opinions expressed in the posts herein are those of the individual author and do not represent the opinions of RIPS-SIS or AALL.
Guest posts from RIPS-SIS members are encouraged; please contact the blog editor.
- RIPS Virtual Annual Meeting Tomorrow, 6/21 June 20, 2017
- Law Library Staff Self-Care: A Collaborative White Paper June 19, 2017
- Why LawArXiv? June 14, 2017
- 2017 RIPS-SIS Travel Grant Recipients June 12, 2017
- Reflections on Teaching ALR: Modeling as Feedback June 5, 2017
- Why LawArXiv? | LIPA: Legal Information Preservation Alliance on Why LawArXiv?
- Teri Townsend on Getting Users Out Of Their Seats
- In Praise of the Reflective Essay: The Mushy and the Meta | RIPS Law Librarian Blog on Uncertainty and Legal Research
- Be Our Guest…at the first-ever RIPS Virtual Annual Meeting | RIPS Law Librarian Blog on 2017 RIPS Penguin Adoption & Stuffed Penguin Giveaway
- Beth Van Fossen on On Sabbaticals and Term-Limits
- Melanie on Can Legal Research Be Taught? Part 1: The Relevance Paradox
What we’ve been talking about…'Death by PowerPoint' AALL AALL Annual meeting academic law libraries administrative law research advanced legal research ALR annual meeting assessment bloggers CALI career citation Conferences Congressional Record contributors design distance education diversity ebooks elections faculty services Fastcase FCIL federal government policy Flipped classroom Google Scholar government documents information literacy instructional design iPad law librarianship learning styles legal research Legal Research Instruction legal research textbooks Lexis Libguides library instruction marketing new teachers nominations online education online instruction Organization Overdrive patrons patron services pedagogy PowerPoint practice ready presentations print collections productivity public libraries QR codes reference reference desk research research guides research instruction RIPS Blog Administration roving reference service Statistical Abstract stress students teach-in kit Teaching technology time management tutorials Twitter Westlaw WestlawNext
Category Archives: RIPS events
RIPS Members— As you may know, our RIPS virtual annual meeting is TOMORROW at 1:00 PM CST! We are very excited to offer this meeting in a virtual format as we hope this will accommodate our busy RIPS members’ schedules. A … Continue reading
Hello all, The RIPS Executive Board is looking forward to hosting the first RIPS virtual annual meeting, and we hope that you will be able to join us on Wednesday, June 21st at 2:00 pm EST/1:00 pm CST. We will … Continue reading
RIPS Members— As you may know, our RIPS virtual annual meeting on June 21st at 1:00pm CST is fast approaching. One agenda item is to vote on our newly revised RIPS-SIS bylaws. We’ve made a number of changes, from adding … Continue reading
Join us May 22nd – 26th for our annual online five-day discussion, moderated and co-hosted by LISP-SIS, GLL-SIS, SR-SIS, and RIP-SIS. This year’s theme is critical conversations about social justice. Each day, we will discuss different issues relating to this … Continue reading
In accord with our annual tradition, our Vice-Chair/Chair Elect Alyson Drake adopted a penguin on behalf of RIPS in honor of our beloved mascot, Puron. The adoption was made through the World Wildlife Fund on March 8th. With this adoption, … Continue reading
Exciting news! You asked—we listened! Our annual business meeting will be, for the first time ever, held virtually this year! Join us on June 21st at 1 PM CST for a RIPS webinar and hear reports from all of the … Continue reading