AALL is basically here and I wanted to remind you of the great RIPS-SIS Programs, especially our new Meet & Greet event which will feature yummy treats and great conversation on topics on which YOU voted, that we have in store for Austin:
Saturday, July 15, 2017
- Dine-Around Dinners with TS/OBS/RIPS/CS Special Interest Sections, TBA (hosted by incoming Chair Alyson Drake; incoming Member-at-Large Paul Gatz, and incoming Secretary/Treasurer Katie Hanschke)
Sunday, July 16, 2017
- RIPS-SIS sponsored program: Understanding the Human Element in Search Algorithms: 11:30-12:30pm
- RIPS-SIS Patron Services Roundtable: 12:45–1:45pm Hilton-Room 415A
- RIPS-SIS Legal Research Competencies Roundtable: 5:15-6:15pm Hilton-Room 415A
Monday, July 18, 2016
- Meet & Greet: 4:00-5:00pm ACC-Room 14
- RIPS-SIS Research Instruction Roundtable: 5:00-6:00pm Hilton-Room 415A
Don’t forget to stop by our Marketplace table (if you are attending CONELL) and our great interactive poster in the exhibit hall!
I wanted to thank everyone for attending and contributing to our first virtual meeting this past June. We have reviewed the feedback survey and will take your comments into consideration for next year! Overall, it seemed to be a great success.
I also wanted to thank all of our outgoing Chairs and Board members—I cannot begin to thank these amazing people for their hard work and dedication to RIPS-SIS. Make sure to say “hello” when you see them in Austin (and attend our programs). We will be posting a separate “thank you” post to these amazing individuals after AALL has officially concluded.
It has been wonderful serving as your Chair this past year and I have truly enjoyed supporting such a great organization. I can’t wait to see everyone in Austin!