Hello from the RIPS Nominations Committee!
We recently sent out an email about nominating someone (including yourself) for a position on the RIPS-SIS Board (details below). Here are 5 reasons to seek a position on the board:
- Gain a new perspective by working with people in a different setting.
- Not just people from a different setting, but also a fun and hardworking group (http://www.aallnet.org/sis/ripssis/).
- Practice your leadership skills, such as communication, problem-solving, time management, decision making, and others.
- Give back to a community that offers many helpful resources, including the National Research Teach-in Instructional Resources Kit, and many others.
- Plus lots of other general benefits, like providing new networking opportunities, building on your resume, developing your personal interests, etc.
Nominations for Vice-Chairperson/Chairperson-Elect and a Member-at-Large position can be sent to Robin Schard, email@example.com, by Monday, January 25, 2016. Self-nominations are welcome.
After a slate of candidates is determined (early February), the election will take place in March via the AALL online balloting platform. Results will be shared with RIPS-SIS members by the end of March.
If you have any questions about the nominations and election process, please feel free to contact either of the Nominations Committee Co-Chairs: Laura McKinnon (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Robin Schard (email@example.com).
RIPS Nominations Committee
Laura McKinnon, Co-Chair
Robin Schard, Co-Chair