Last week RIPS-SIS Chair Jason Sowards sent out a message to the membership about all of the exciting RIPS-SIS events occurring at this year’s annual meeting. If you missed his post, below are some of the highlights.
Breakfast meeting: Monday July 15th
The breakfast meeting is sold out this year! During the meeting committees will be providing their reports of this year’s activities. Everyone who attends needs to bring a business card to be placed in the drawing for a stuffed penguin.
Programming & Roundtables
- H7: iCame, iSaw, iConquered: Our Year with the iPad
- Time and place: Tuesday, July 16 from 2:30pm – 3:15pm , Convention Center 611-614
- Description: With iPads being used by more information seekers every day, librarians need to have a working knowledge of how iPads function in the library setting. This program will explore the many challenges and opportunities the iPad offers, with a focus on integrating it into a librarian’s daily routine. After a year of working to integrate the iPad, we will share our successes and failures. Using AppleTV, the program will demonstrate instructions and reference services as both the librarian and user would see them on their own iPad.
- Speakers: Kelly Leong, Kristina J. Alayan, and Hollie White
- Distance Education Roundtable
- Sunday, July 15 at 12:30, Sheraton-Ballard
- Research Instruction Roundtable
- Monday, July 15 at 11:45, Sheraton-Cedar AB
- Patron Services Roundtable
- Sunday, July 15 at 12:30, Convention Center 211
Visit the RIPS-SIS table in the exhibit hall. Amazing swag as been promised!
Alphabet Soup Reception
The CS-TS-OBS-RIPS Reception will be held Saturday, July 13 from 7:30 to 9 in the Sheraton-Metropolitan Ballroom B. Innovative Interfaces is again sponsoring the reception. Stop by their booth in the Exhibit Hall and thank them.
For those interested in becoming more involved in RIPS or currently serving on a committee, come to the All-Committee Meeting Monday, July 15 at 5:30 in the Convention Center Room 211.
We look forward to seeing you in Seattle!